This project currently is waiting for a game developer with some time at hand. See this thread.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun 23. Sep 2018, 20:10

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Help needed - Job Board 
Administrator

I see!

Basically you have three choices:
[*] Draw each frame of the animation. I guess you will need at least 15 frames to have it smooth-ish.
[*] Out it into an animation program - you would need to draw only the wheels and then only the moving parts - put that all together and tell it how to spin
[*] Program it - make a program which using either a animation routine or a physics engine. You will need to give the program the wheels-only and tell it that they should spin, then attach the joints for the rod system and so on.

Maybe I could do it but I would need to think about this more.

Sat 9. Aug 2014, 10:45
Profile WWW
Contributor

First is the most basic and time consuming method.
2nd seem to look good.
3rd, They never teached us visual programming! So I don't even know how does a code look like for a single moving circle!

Sat 9. Aug 2014, 11:02
Profile WWW
Administrator

Maybe you could use Blender?

I don't know of any other free and good animation tool (but also don't know if Blender is perfect for this job).
I was using Flash 4 waaay back in the past.

Sat 9. Aug 2014, 11:48
Profile WWW
Contributor

But that is a 3D modeller! I can't make a model of the Transarctica with my 0 skills!
I wish to animate a drawing not to create a 3D model!

Sat 9. Aug 2014, 15:08
Profile WWW
Administrator

As I said - maybe.

Sorry I can't help you further... :-(

If we can bring the animation into the game to make it more nice (intro? loading screen (which we won't need)? as mini-window somewhere?) I could of couse put it into the program - but I need time to think of how I could do that. I'll report back in 1-2 days.

Sat 9. Aug 2014, 19:41
Profile WWW
Contributor

I just want a simple animation of this:
http://tzoli.deviantart.com/art/The-Mig ... -422429086
The same way to that gif animation I linked previously

Sat 9. Aug 2014, 20:40
Profile WWW
Contributor

One other possibility would be to draw 10 key-frames of the animation and let Photoshop/Gimp calculate the missing frames. For a fluid animation you need at least 25 to 30 frames per second.

Tue 12. Aug 2014, 11:33
Profile ICQ
Passenger

Hi, I sent you a letter yesterday in job board related topic. :)

Since more than a year passed since the last post in the topic I guess animation is not an issue anymore, but if it is you may consider using cocos wrapper around pygame. It supports 2d skeletal animation that may be just the thing you need.

Tue 17. Nov 2015, 11:57
Contributor

Actually not even started and looks like the project leader disappeared and the project now stalled. :(

Tue 17. Nov 2015, 14:56
Profile WWW
Passenger

Too bad. I am currently looking for a project I could contribute in my free time. To be honest it seemed too good to be true: remaking a game I like on a coding language I like.

I see he disappeared half a year ago. Maybe he will be back if we show some activity. It is great that you are still active :) It is funny to meet a fellow Hungarian guy in a German site speaking English about remaking a French game :-o

Could that be the the project stopped before the first milestone? Could you fill me in with some details? I wonder if there is any specification or code repository available.

Tue 17. Nov 2015, 18:24
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next