This project currently is waiting for a game developer with some time at hand. See this thread.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu 16. Aug 2018, 21:50

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Intro music redone 
Contributor

Hey folks

I knew about this project for a while now and yesterday I thought that I can contribute some small things to it.

Anyway: I recreated the intro music from Transarctica which means that I listend carefully to the original, figured out the scores, made a midi file and finally replaced the midi instruments with some better ones.

Here's the MP3: http://www.christian-wederka.de/transarctica.mp3

What's your opinion about this? Is it ok, should I use some other sounds/synths or are there some wrong tones in it?

Cheers

Sat 31. Aug 2013, 09:35
Profile ICQ
Administrator

Hi Scarabaeus,

this is ingenious! :shock:
It sounds just like the original but way better! Very, very well done!! :mrgreen:

I wonder if you could do a "remix" of it.
Say, it should be like the original but with a much more modern set of instruments or with a more modern beat or something like this :P .
What do you think?

Oh and btw, welcome to the forums! :D

Sat 31. Aug 2013, 10:31
Profile WWW
Contributor

I'm just an hobby musician but I wouldn't change the beat because for me it symbolizes something like traveling, the unknown, hope, the will to carry on even if the whole world turned against you. I can try to find a similar theme but usually I'm more into 70's classic rock music ;)

Magnetic Fields Part 2 by Jean-Michelle Jarre has some musical similarities in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6tx_n0-Izc

Sat 31. Aug 2013, 11:23
Profile ICQ
Contributor

Indeed Magnificent!
Though the syntetisator part (I think) could be fine tuned a bit. The part whish starts at around 13-15 sec.

Sun 1. Sep 2013, 19:59
Profile WWW
Contributor

I think we should get the Amiga version as well (A bit more diffcult to find on the net) as it has different music than the DOS version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT_MVLfrKKc
(Reminds me of a bit of Dune 1! )

Mon 2. Sep 2013, 19:02
Profile WWW
Contributor

I know about the amiga music. It sounds easy for me to figure this out. I heared a progression of 3 (or 4) single chords so far :D

Mon 2. Sep 2013, 19:11
Profile ICQ
Contributor

I wonder if we could even extract the music from the game files or the ex Silmarils guys gonna hand them over to us if they still had them (Which I doubt) but still...

Mon 2. Sep 2013, 19:27
Profile WWW
Contributor

Considering the travel music from the amiga version: I'll do it the same way as I did it with the intro. It doesn't seem that difficult.

Regarding the music from the DOS Version: This music is very complicated and sometimes I think it doesn't fit well. I was thinking about writing some own small songs for this but this takes way more time (until the inspiration strikes) than just copying the old music.

Mon 2. Sep 2013, 19:45
Profile ICQ
Contributor

Scarabaeus wrote:
Considering the travel music from the amiga version: I'll do it the same way as I did it with the intro. It doesn't seem that difficult.

Regarding the music from the DOS Version: This music is very complicated and sometimes I think it doesn't fit well. I was thinking about writing some own small songs for this but this takes way more time (until the inspiration strikes) than just copying the old music.

I don't know I like the DOS version

Mon 2. Sep 2013, 19:49
Profile WWW
Contributor

Here's what I've got so far from the amiga travel music. This is still with Midi sounds, so don't be confused. The sounds will be replaced when I completed the whole thing:

http://www.christian-wederka.de/transarctica2.mid

Mon 2. Sep 2013, 22:00
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next