This project currently is waiting for a game developer with some time at hand. See this thread.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 24. Apr 2018, 22:48

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 New Features, "nice to have" 
Passenger

Hi, I have a some ideas to add to the game, but not sure where they fit, so I made a new topic.

1.- Make soldiers of the train gain experience if survive a train fight and get better stats for next battle.
1.1 You can train soldiers in some cities.

2.- Add NPCs, the could improve train/soldiers stats when added to the crew, +5% train speed, +5% soldier armor...

3.- It's crazy but, MAKE train battle like FPS, lot of work to do here, but It would rock!
3.1 Maybe train battles could be like XCOM battles. Could be nice too.

If I remember more I'll post them here.

Wed 25. Sep 2013, 15:37
Administrator

Nice ideas!

Can you post a video of the X-com battles (link to youtube etc.) ? :)

Wed 25. Sep 2013, 16:00
Profile WWW
Contributor

konemaster wrote:
Nice ideas!

Can you post a video of the X-com battles (link to youtube etc.) ? :)

Nice ideas but an FPS or TPS version of the battle would require some serious work, but if we ever achieve the 3D state that could be a viable option!

As for the X-COM Battles here they are:
Trailer:
All are done via the Game engine no CGI:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvbF7bG7lk
Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZI1gWjmaa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvgop5N4lh0

Wed 25. Sep 2013, 19:48
Profile WWW
Passenger

I would like to have the possibility of giving pre battle orders, for example one Officer in the command wagon could act as train defence. So one order for each military wagon would be enough. For example have a group of soldiers defend a wagon or patrol an area for example one or to of the wagons in front. Guns and machine guns firing when passing an special target with less speed an accurracy when pasing a special target for example cannons machine guns an so on, or every target which may destroy also wagons you like to capture. I liked the trains battles but they didn't work well with larger trains. I think would be not so much extra work cause you need the code for the troups to act to those orders for the ki trains anyway.

Fri 3. Oct 2014, 13:01
Contributor

Just thought about these features before I was asleep:
Like we can use the holomap, 1st officer, radio operator and message tube in the command wagon, and the book, pistol, assistant and message tube in the Captain's wagon, we should add the use of the library a well!
When you start the game you have only access to technical information on the wagons you currently have and on Transarctica locomotive but not about it's history except it was a Viking Union Locomotive. You have limited history books as well, a captain's log and train log whose contain events regarding the train and the towns you visit.
Now visiting each town and visiting their library your knowledge could expand accordingly.

In all towns:
What kind of train passed by in what time ago

Industrial Towns:
Technical information on the wagons you can buy in that town
Construction history of the Transarctica and other trains of Viking Union (parts only and not necessary in the right order)

Commercial Towns:
Information on the goods they sell and their current price added to Captain's log
Economic history of the world connected to the Viking Union (parts only and not necessary in the right order)

Normal Towns:
Like in the original game:
Gossips of recent events
Global history of Mankind and the Viking Union (parts only and not necessary in the right order)

Mammoth Markets:
Similar to the commercial towns, information on the mammoths and their price
History of the creation and trade of Beast of Burden (parts only and not necessary in the right order)

Service Towns:
Service logs: What kinds of trains passed for service (including you) in recent times.
You can get info on some game concepts here

So if you have goods, you open your Captain's log to see where you can see it for the best price but there should be a date stamp to show how old are the information which means when you arrive the prices could be higher or lower.

Also we can include a minigame so the player had to put together certain elements to create a readable document.

Finally the story unfolds as more and more towns you visit, forcing or challenging the player to visit every town if he/she wants to know all the stories and information, though not necessary needed for finishing the game. Also each new game would randomize what kind of history info you can get in each town, so each new game is somewhat different.

Tue 1. Dec 2015, 09:07
Profile WWW
Passenger

I like these ideas. Not hard to develop them but they give useful info to the user and add to the mood of the game.

My idea is that features like this could be turned on/off while starting the game, so you could play the old school or the new cool Transarctica :)

Tue 1. Dec 2015, 09:49
Passenger

Absolutely agree with this

Tue 1. Dec 2015, 17:19
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]